Another month, another halo-halo. Halo-halo means “mix-mix”. So here is my next monthly mix of my favourite sites, tools and ideas!
Using Posterous to Schedule posts into Edmodo
Edmodo has changed the way I organise and teach my lessons. Establishing a link between a Posterous blog now means that I can schedule posts into my Edmodo course via an RSS feed.
1. Create blog post including any links, documents or images.
2. Schedule the post. It will remain private until the time specified.
3. Link to post will appear in Edmodo course when it goes live on the blog.
I am currently using this with two Edmodo courses. Each has to have its own blog for the unique RSS feed to work withe the course.
I attended my first TeachMeet Sydney event today – TeachMeet West held at Colyton High School. An unconference-like meeting of teachers from that area. Here is a description of the event from the Wiki:
What is TeachMeet Sydney
- will be a meeting/un-conference where teachers will share good practice, practical ideas and personal insights into teaching with technology.
- All participants are asked to be ready to volunteer an idea, a tool or a website that they have delivered in their classroom.
- Alternatively they can discuss a product that they believe enhances their classroom practice.
- New scheme teachers are encouraged to attend and learn.
- The idea behind TeachMeets is hearing stories about learning, from teachers.
- This is a chance for teachers from all types of schools to network and to hear ideas from each other.
- TeachMeet Sydney are open to all and do not charge an entry fee.
This was an inspirational afternoon of enthusiastic and motivated educators looking to share ideas and strategies. I have only very recently found out about these fantastic events. I shared a pecha-kucha presentation and enjoyed the other PK’s that were presented as well as the two-minute micro presentation sessions.
Check out the details on the Wiki and try one for yourself!
Need some tunes to suit your mood? This site was recommended to me by @townesy77. It creates a music selection for you based on your mood and your genre preferences. Kind of like a mood ring playlist!
What has been your favourite site, tool or awesome discovery this month?
Enjoy the halo-halo!